David Arquette announces his retirement from wrestling

0



TownNews.com content sharing

David Arquette has no plans to wrestle again.

The 49-year-old actor switched to the sport in 2000 and was crowned World Heavyweight Champion at WCW, and he returned to wrestling Championship Wrestling from Hollywood (CWFH) in 2018, but he now insists his days in the ring are because he can no longer cope with injuries.

Speaking to Mario Lopez on his podcast, David said, “I don’t think I’m going to wrestle anymore! I don’t know, I think it all happened and then just shut off. It hurts!”

The ‘Scream’ star – who has daughter Coco (17) with ex-wife Courteney Cox and sons Charlie, seven and four-year-old Gus, with wife Christina McLarty – is not yet done with the sport as he is open to the idea of ​​a cameo position as the manager of another gripper.

He added, “I don’t mind going out there once or so as a manager and take a few kicks, but it’s tough, it’s tough on the body.”

Meanwhile, David previously said he felt “lucky to be alive” after being hospitalized after a wrestling match in 2018.

He took part in a “death match” with Nick Gage on November 16 and accidentally got a “cruel” cut on his neck, which became infected.

He said at the time: “I am fortunate to be alive. If my carotid artery had been cut, I probably wouldn’t be here now.

“Sometimes they use those fluorescent lights and I would get cut and see blood dripping and panic. I turned too quickly and the end of a broken lightbulb hit my neck. It was horrible. “

David was taken to the hospital and the wound stitched up, but had to come back the next day when he “woke up with a chills and a swollen throat.”

He was told he had severed part of his neck muscle and admitted the injury was “really scary”.

He said, “Doctors call this The Box because it’s so dangerous to get stung. It was really scary. “

This article originally ran on celebretainment.com.

TownNews.com content sharing



Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply